The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Priming chart?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
woodwormlumber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Priming chart?

I've read a lot of threads on here and the net about priming for bottling. i've seen everything under the sun being used......corn syrup, sugar (white and brown), cane sugar, fruit concentrate, etc.. anybody feel strongly enough about your specific method that you'd use your procedure and only your procedure and not ever consider another method? i'd love to hear how you prime your cider and why.

also, does anybody have a chart they use for adding priming sugars straight to bottles? a neighbor gave me different size bottles to use and obviously will require different amounts of sugars.

thanks!

jason

Last edited by woodwormlumber; 11-16-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Haven't seen a chart for bottle size. Carb drops give guidelines by size, but if you have a wide range of bottles it makes much more sense to prime in bulk, then bottle.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply