Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > pineapple cider?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
fumanchu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR- View Post
Sounds tasty fuman.

What kind of pineapple juice did you use? Fresh? Canned?
Good question. I splurged on PC pineapple juice. 1.79L cartons. NOT FROM CONCENTRATE. This pineapple juice is crazy. Actually, it ends up being only 1$ more expensive per litre than the crappy oasis from concentrate.

The difference between canned pineapple and fresh is like the difference between making a beer using a kit, and making it from scratch.

I wouldn't make pineapple alcohol from concentrate. Certain fruits I'm sure you can get away with, but not pineapple...for the love of god.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
BadgerBrigade
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 42 Posts

Done it! I don't know if I was successful just by luck but it worked out pretty good..... I was pretty light on the amount of pineapple to apple juice though... And I used EC1118 because I heard it can be a hard ferment due to the acidity as Oldmate said. The other guys are correct though, if you have not started your batch already do a small test batch....
I've had a pineapple wine headache and it was WAY worse than champagne! Anyone know why this is?

Bottled: Cream Soda
Still On Deck: Graff Cider

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #13
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 768 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I bet the famous Skeeter Pee recipe would work with pineapple. If anything, the Skeeter Pee recipe would be good for how to treat the yeast so they can work in an acidic environment.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #14
swampcider
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

One of my favs is a pineapple! and have done over 65 flavors...1 frozen per 5 gal...ive added a wee bit o cardamon at times and its awesome.Girls love it with bubbles indeed. theres a frozen mango pineapple that is awesome too. bring it up to 9% and you have a panty dropper on your hands..be careful

Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #15
swampcider
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

oh, and use nottingham or ec1118....good for acidic fruits

Quick Reply