Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > peach cider anyone?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
morky92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Default peach cider anyone?

1- I've never made a cider.
2- I'm not sure i've heard of a peach cider, but it sounds good to me.
Anybody got a recipe?

__________________
morky92 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Tw0fish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Havertown, PA
Posts: 259
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Have you checked the recipes tab? It's searchable!

That said, peaches and apples make peach cider - peaches without apples make peach wine. I see a lot more results for peach wine. Depending on what you're really after.

__________________

-Jordan
Who will try to ferment just about anything
"You guys just wanna get bombed and run around yelling yarr we're vikings!"

Tw0fish is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Pickled_Pepper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 1,246
Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

I think peach (flavored) apple cider sounds pretty tasty. I'm sure there's someone here who has racked a simple cider on top of peaches and let it age.

__________________
Pickled_Pepper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
UpstateMike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brockport, NY
Posts: 715
Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Perhaps this link?

Peach/Apple Cider Recipe

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Oh, and get a hydrometer. Psychic brewing is great and all, but hard numbers get rid of MUCH of the guess work.
"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Currently Fermenting:
Skeeter Pee
Blueberry Cider

Bottle Conditioning:
None

In Bottles / Drinking:
Cranberry Cider
Citron Cider
UpstateMike is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
MarkKF
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 448
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled_Pepper View Post
I think peach (flavored) apple cider sounds pretty tasty. I'm sure there's someone here who has racked a simple cider on top of peaches and let it age.
I'm very interested in the idea of racking onto the secondary fruit. I have 6 gal. of apple juice 1 week in the primary and am considering adding fruit to the secondary once fermentation slows down. I assume it will restart with the fresh fruit sugar. Do you think the flavor will come thru? Then maybe rack it again to clear.
__________________
MarkKF is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
buffalo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 76
Likes Given: 1

Default

I haven't tried it yet but next week i was planning on starting a Peach/Apple cider batch,just gonna try a gallon first to see how it works out.

__________________
buffalo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
UpstateMike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brockport, NY
Posts: 715
Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
I haven't tried it yet but next week i was planning on starting a Peach/Apple cider batch,just gonna try a gallon first to see how it works out.
Keep us posted on that.

How'd the Blackberry work out for you? I bottled just over 2 cases, but I don't think it will make it 2 months because I'm drinking it too fast.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Oh, and get a hydrometer. Psychic brewing is great and all, but hard numbers get rid of MUCH of the guess work.
"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Currently Fermenting:
Skeeter Pee
Blueberry Cider

Bottle Conditioning:
None

In Bottles / Drinking:
Cranberry Cider
Citron Cider
UpstateMike is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
buffalo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 76
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateMike View Post
Keep us posted on that.

How'd the Blackberry work out for you? I bottled just over 2 cases, but I don't think it will make it 2 months because I'm drinking it too fast.
I will start a thread once it gets going. The Blackberry worked out good but it needs to mellow for awhile,i got exactly 2 cases out of it and it's been carbed and pastuerized. It has a very strong alcohol taste though which is why its going to sit,this week i started a few more 1g testers of blueberry,cherry and 2 big batches of Ed Worts recipe.
__________________
buffalo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools