Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Non-fermentable sugars

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
NPwino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Non-fermentable sugars

I plan on bottling a my cider in a couple weeks at which point I was going to prime with 1 ounce table sugar/gallon cider to acheive carbonation. I read somewhere that you can use splenda as a non-fermentable sugar to sweeten. Do you think I could add an amount of splenda at the same time as priming to help sweeten the cider? Could this result in bottle grenades? Is there a better choice for a non-fermentable sugar to add pre-bottling? I dont want to use lactose as I am lactose intolerant. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
JOHN51277
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah just add the splenda at the same time you boil your priming sugar. Use the same amount of priming sugar and add the splenda. The splenda does not ferment, so there is no grenade problems. It just adds sweetness.

On Deck: Centennial Blonde, Midnight IIPA
Primary: SMaSH Citra/2 Row, KBS Clone
Secondary: ???
Kegged:
Bottled: Gulf Oil Spill Stout, Breakfast Stout, Amarillo SMaSH, Orange Wit, RIPA Oak/Bourbon Aged, Barleywine, Apfelwein,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply