Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > A new cider on the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
BadgerBrigade
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 42 Posts

I recently bought this because the guy at the liquor wholesale store told me it was new and rather good....
Has anyone heard of it?
Tried it?
What do you think?

Bottled: Cream Soda
Still On Deck: Graff Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
LeBreton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Angry Orchard is the cider side of Boston Beer Co./Sam Adams. This is their artisanal line of products (as opposed to their 6-packs), of which they have two varieties, both oak aged if I remember.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
BadgerBrigade
Recipes 

It was not bad and I think they produce another one in a very similar model but they were out of it at the liquor wholesale store then I went to

Old 12-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
WilliamSlayer
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Good to know. I'm a Sam Adams guy. Didn't know Angry Orchard was them as well...

Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
UpstateMike
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Angry Orchard Crisp, Angry Orchard Original Dry, and Angry Orchard Ginger are the ones I know and enjoy. I will have to give their Strawman a shot too.

"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Old 12-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
UpstateMike
Recipes 

Apparently there is also Angry Orchard Iceman too...

Iceman and Strawman

"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Old 12-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
BadgerBrigade
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateMike
Apparently there is also Angry Orchard Iceman too...

Iceman and Strawman
ICEMAN! That's the one I couldn't think of... Anyone try it? What is it like in comparison to the Strawman

Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
UpstateMike
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBrigade View Post
ICEMAN! That's the one I couldn't think of... Anyone try it? What is it like in comparison to the Strawman
Angry Orchard® Iceman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)

· Inspired by the traditional ice ciders of Quebec, Angry Orchard Iceman combines crisp apples with notes of caramel and toffee for a cider that’s sweet but not syrupy or cloying. Aging the cider on oak adds a smooth, vanilla character.
· Iceman is medium-bodied, leaving a smooth finish with rich flavor and lingering sweetness on the palate.
· Pairing suggestion: This well-balanced cider pairs best with the sweet flavors in pork and enhances the tender, delicate flavors in foie gras. Its earthy finish compliments sharp cheeses while its caramel and toffee notes enhance sweet, savory and buttery desserts.

Angry Orchard® Strawman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)

· Angry Orchard Strawman’s ripe apple, vanilla and honeysuckle flavors impart an earthy character complimented by a distinct aroma of ripe apples, wood, dark fruits and sweet citrus.
· Inspired by centuries-old farmhouse cider making techniques traditionally found along the English and French countryside, Strawman balances a distinct blend of culinary and bittersweet apples juices which are then aged on oak.
· Strawman’s wine-like characteristics leave a smooth, fruity and effervescent finish with lingering notes of wood and apple that are crisp off the palate, refreshing and flavorful.
· Pairing suggestion: Notes of caramel, toffee and vanilla give Angry Orchard Strawman a unique sweetness that matches up well to rich meats like pork and desserts like cheesecake. Its smooth, crisp taste also makes it an exceptional seafood pairing.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
BadgerBrigade
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateMike

Angry Orchard® Iceman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)

· Inspired by the traditional ice ciders of Quebec, Angry Orchard Iceman combines crisp apples with notes of caramel and toffee for a cider that’s sweet but not syrupy or cloying. Aging the cider on oak adds a smooth, vanilla character.
· Iceman is medium-bodied, leaving a smooth finish with rich flavor and lingering sweetness on the palate.
· Pairing suggestion: This well-balanced cider pairs best with the sweet flavors in pork and enhances the tender, delicate flavors in foie gras. Its earthy finish compliments sharp cheeses while its caramel and toffee notes enhance sweet, savory and buttery desserts.

Angry Orchard® Strawman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)

· Angry Orchard Strawman’s ripe apple, vanilla and honeysuckle flavors impart an earthy character complimented by a distinct aroma of ripe apples, wood, dark fruits and sweet citrus.
· Inspired by centuries-old farmhouse cider making techniques traditionally found along the English and French countryside, Strawman balances a distinct blend of culinary and bittersweet apples juices which are then aged on oak.
· Strawman’s wine-like characteristics leave a smooth, fruity and effervescent finish with lingering notes of wood and apple that are crisp off the palate, refreshing and flavorful.
· Pairing suggestion: Notes of caramel, toffee and vanilla give Angry Orchard Strawman a unique sweetness that matches up well to rich meats like pork and desserts like cheesecake. Its smooth, crisp taste also makes it an exceptional seafood pairing.
They sound very different, I'm bummed out that a wholesale place was out of the Iceman and only had the Strawman or I would've bought them both

Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #10
bigego236
Recipes 

I had the Iceman about a month ago and it was very good.

image-2295859632.jpg

Also really liked the bottle

Quick Reply