Originally Posted by BadgerBrigade
ICEMAN! That's the one I couldn't think of... Anyone try it? What is it like in comparison to the Strawman
Angry Orchard® Iceman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)
· Inspired by the traditional ice ciders of Quebec, Angry Orchard Iceman combines crisp apples with notes of caramel and toffee for a cider thats sweet but not syrupy or cloying. Aging the cider on oak adds a smooth, vanilla character.
· Iceman is medium-bodied, leaving a smooth finish with rich flavor and lingering sweetness on the palate.
· Pairing suggestion: This well-balanced cider pairs best with the sweet flavors in pork and enhances the tender, delicate flavors in foie gras. Its earthy finish compliments sharp cheeses while its caramel and toffee notes enhance sweet, savory and buttery desserts.
Angry Orchard® Strawman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)
· Angry Orchard Strawmans ripe apple, vanilla and honeysuckle flavors impart an earthy character complimented by a distinct aroma of ripe apples, wood, dark fruits and sweet citrus.
· Inspired by centuries-old farmhouse cider making techniques traditionally found along the English and French countryside, Strawman balances a distinct blend of culinary and bittersweet apples juices which are then aged on oak.
· Strawmans wine-like characteristics leave a smooth, fruity and effervescent finish with lingering notes of wood and apple that are crisp off the palate, refreshing and flavorful.
· Pairing suggestion: Notes of caramel, toffee and vanilla give Angry Orchard Strawman a unique sweetness that matches up well to rich meats like pork and desserts like cheesecake. Its smooth, crisp taste also makes it an exceptional seafood pairing.