Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > New at cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
pshaw730
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New at cider

So I got a container of mottes Apple juice pored in gallon bottle and a cup of dextrose and 1/2 pack of champagne yeast. How long should it take before I put in another bottle and also will it clear up

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
bernardsmith
Recipes 

Liked 148 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Hi pshaw730. It depends on the temperature of the room where you are fermenting the juice. Can take two or three days to ferment dry or can take several weeks. Will it clear? Possibly, but you might want to add pectic enzyme before you pitch the yeast. Even without the enzyme it can still clear but it can take several weeks.
When you ask when you can put in another bottle - do you mean how long before you can add another bottle of the juice to the cider or how long will it take before you can bottle what you have made? If the first question, you can add more AJ today. If the second question you may want to wait until the cider has fully fermented (a gravity below 1.000). With Mott's AJ you may want to add some acid blend to help give it a better kick and perhaps some tannin

Old 10-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #3
pshaw730
Recipes 

I was going to put in another bottle just to clear up. I didn't know I could put another bottle of juice in it thou.If I add more juice how long should I let that go before drinking

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Quick Reply