Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > My first cider...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #21
corvus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybrew
How'd this end up?
The original cider/mead with the true cider is sitting in the secondary. It's got a beautiful dark hue and tasted delicious when I moved it into the secondary. I can't wait to try this one again when I bottle in a week or two!

The second one made from concentrate only is still in the primary, still bubbling well but just beginning to taper off. Seems like the ferment is less active in general, despite the OG being higher; certainly it's less foamy than the other batch. It's also lighter in hue than the other batch was in the primary. Will move to secondary when the original batch is bottled.

Seems to be going well!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #22
corvus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus
The second one made from concentrate only is still in the primary, still bubbling well but just beginning to taper off. Seems like the ferment is less active in general, despite the OG being higher; certainly it's less foamy than the other batch. It's also lighter in hue than the other batch was in the primary. Will move to secondary when the original batch is bottled.
Just checked the second one...SG is now at 1.012. It's not quite as tasty as the other batch...but I think it's just a yeasty flavor that is bugging me, and that's easy enough to get rid of. Will bottle the first batch and rack this second batch soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply