The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > A little concerned after finding this forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
felix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

'careful with the cinnamon! Mine turned out horrible because there was too much (half a stick per gallon). With further research i've found out not to go over a stick per 5 gallon...

Come in beautiful Similkameen Valley and visit the winery i work at! www.orofinovineyards.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
BrewinJack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Humm, ciders tend not to have alot of added sugar... i add sugar to up achohal content, in fact i have a batch which had a sugar content closer to 2.5 pounds pergallon... trying, maybe in vaine to get a cider with a percent achohal above 20%... its a slow going process... its fermenting now, and im hoping things work out... I have done batches with no sugar added befor and they have turned out very very well, but the ABV was not at a strength i liked... it wa along the lines of 3.5 -5.5% and i prefer a achohal content about twice that if not more... i also like a bit of a bite, so i do drink it a bit young... so its all based on personal taste... and if you think yours is to dry or too strong cut it with fresh juice or additive free cider

Cheers

"I wish i could give all my genrals a bottle of what he's drinking..." Honest Abe

"On the 8th day God created Bars"

Primary:
Ginger mead (3 Gal)
Edworts Apfelwine (5Gal)
Australian Lager (5gal)

Secondary:
Operation "Black Gold" (High ABV) (5 Gal)

Bottled:
Carmel Stout
Stright Juice Cider
Apple/Blue berry/ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply