New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > light sparkling cyser/ale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
JtotheA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

It gets a lil complicated when you're "priming" and it's still fermenting. If you're going to pasteurize, you should just try to do that when it's at the sweetness you like. The only reason I'm chiming in is because if you're trying to end up with something sweeter than not, it's much simpler to stop it where you like it. By adding dextrose (or any sugar for that matter), you're getting the yeast party started again. Just wanted to throw in my two cents and I apologize if I missed something while skimming through the thread.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #12
eskimoJoe
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I guess that makes sense, I never thought of letting it carb with its own natural sugar . I'll try that out next time thanks for the tip

Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #13
eskimoJoe
Recipes 

This stuff has a pretty gross aroma, kind of like... Sweet skunkyness to it . Haven't been able to drink it on a regular basis. Not 100% failure, but something to build on for next time. next time I'll use fresh juice , without honey for something around 1.040 og.
On a side note is pretty enjoyable mixed with a can of seltzer water.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #14
carvindc125
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

interesting, im working on a 1 gallon batch of cider with 1 pound of honey and 1 cup DME melted in 1 cup of water.

about the same SG as you 1.070 Im also using S-04 The malt made it have a head like beer. I tried it before I pitched the yeast and it taste awesome! Its fermenting now....I have no idea what this will taste like in the end....We'll see

Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #15
eskimoJoe
Recipes 

Nice, let me know how the dme works with the cyser, that sounds interesting . I wonder it will make a head of foam?

Quick Reply