Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Lagering Cider?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Gosassin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lagering Cider?

Anybody ever tried it? I don't have the ability to lager anything (yet) or I'd try it myself, but I'm wondering what the effect would be, if any.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 137 Times on 130 Posts

Cider generally needs some conditioning. If you condition near freezing, it just takes longer.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I you listen to the Jamil Show's "Other" Cider show they talk about fermenting with wine yeast at very cool temperatures (50s) to keep the yeast from blowing off all of the delicate flavors. Apparently it takes quite a while, up to a year.

The Brewing Network.com - :

Quick Reply