New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Kegging cider with added dissolved sugar/juice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
brduffey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegging cider with added dissolved sugar/juice

I'm adding dissolved sugar/juice at the end of fermentation....along with potassium sorbate of course...my question is...since the dissolved sugar/juice is more dense than the finished/fermented cider...the dissolved sugar/juice at the end 'seems' to sink to the bottom when kegging. The first few pours are considerably sweeter than the rest. Is there any way to avoid or circumvent this aside from rolling a corny down the driveway to mix it back up?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts

I'd purge the keg with CO2 and shake it. If you get it shaken up good the first time, it shouldn't separate out again.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
brduffey
Recipes 

Much thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
HBCF-Kevin
Recipes 

I do this all of the time. I purge the CO2 a couple of times a day in the first few days after kegging and while it is pushing the CO2 back in I shake the keg. It has worked everytime for me and it gets carbonated a little faster.

Creator of The Homebrew Cider Factory Software.
http://www.Homebrewciderfactory.com

Quick Reply