The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > to keg or not to keg that is the question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
liquid_courage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default to keg or not to keg that is the question

hi all i have never made cider before and i hate bottling is it best to bottle it or will it still be good from a keg thanks for the help

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
Jaymo
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It should be fine either way. For that matter, you don't even need to carb it at all. "Still," or uncarbonated, cider is one way of serving it. It's really a matter of taste.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

I keg my cider. No problems. Even better if you want a sweet, carbonated cider. You can kill the yeast, back-sweeten and force carbonate.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply