Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Ingredients for cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #11
Talcottsk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I bet you could use your juicer--i use a combination blender and straining bag--and with that it takes me about 30 mins to squeeze out a gallon--juicer would probably save you from tiny fruit pieces and may be faster (less hand juice contact anyway)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #12
Caplan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talcottsk
I bet you could use your juicer--i use a combination blender and straining bag--and with that it takes me about 30 mins to squeeze out a gallon--juicer would probably save you from tiny fruit pieces and may be faster (less hand juice contact anyway)
I agree - A juicer would work!
The only thing i would add to the juicing fresh apples thing is a crushed campden tablet 24hrs before adding a yeast. Just a 'belt and braces' measure of stopping any wild yeasts getting in. I don't do it with pasteurised juice - the wild yeasts have been seen off already.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply