Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > How much apple flavor does carbing with concentrate add?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default How much apple flavor does carbing with concentrate add?

Ok, just tasted my second sample of the cider, it's pretty much crystal clear. I've got about 1.5L leftover that I'm tasting out of and fine tuning flavors. I've 1/4tsp of Acid Blend and that didn't do much, so I added another 1/2 to see if that pushes it too far then I'll calc out for my 3 gal. I still plan on carbing with apple juice concentrate, how much apple flavor does it add? Right now I would say it is not a very crisp cider, and maybe a little light on apple, but I'm not sure what will happen after I carb or if that will bring out or change any flavors. Does anybody make a Granny Smith apple juice concentrate? That might be different. FG is around 1.002 and I was hoping for a little sweeter. I'd add lactose, but I have no idea how much for 3 gal. 1/4 cup?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply