Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > How Long till Cider?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
CvilleKevin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

no - rack to a clean carboy and put that carboy in the fridge for 24-48 hours. The cider will clear and drop a good bit of sediment in the fridge. Then you can rack the 2nd carboy either into a keg for drinking or you can rack it back into its original carboy and let it sit for a while longer at room temp to clear a little more. See page 15 of the sticky for details

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
Lunarpancake
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvilleKevin View Post
no - rack to a clean carboy and put that carboy in the fridge for 24-48 hours. The cider will clear and drop a good bit of sediment in the fridge. Then you can rack the 2nd carboy either into a keg for drinking or you can rack it back into its original carboy and let it sit for a while longer at room temp to clear a little more. See page 15 of the sticky for details
your the man....thank you so much.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
ohiochris
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I know this goes against everything that usually gets said on here but , I just finished bottling a batch of cider made with added brown sugar and Lavlin EC-118 champagne yeast that only took 7 days. I know that does not let it get to its full potential but it is no longer sweet, so the sugar was pretty much used up and the alcohol content is higher than beer ,....can tell that because of the buzz I have after drinking 2 bottles. Tastes like a good but tart apple wine. Its not clear but not extremely cloudy either. If you are after just good drinking cider without having to be perfect , 7 days is all you need. I am sitting here drinking and enjoying it as I type this so I know it can be done....14 days would be even better, either way it will be done way before thanksgiving.

Quick Reply