Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Helllpppppp!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 12:40 AM   #11
GABrewboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think I can handle that!! So how long should it age? And one more question.....I should just wait for the FG to get to below 1.003 and then bottle, but with no priming sugar? And then should I just let the bottles sit in 70 degree temps for a few weeks like the rest before they hit the fridge to chill and condition even more......?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #12
Alx Rains
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey My recipes are a bit basic, Start with a tin of cider extract add 3-6 litres of apple juice(100% not preserves) 1/2-1 kg of Dextrose. (make it up to the amount recomemended by tin ( so that it has a better flavour cos the tins can be a bit "bland") Chuck on a good quality yeast. (my yeast cultures are all started in 2lt -3lt apple juice. (But in Bulk and save!) then let it sit and do it's thing , after its done bubbling, let it sit for a bit (sometimes I leave mine up to a week or more depending if I have time to bottle) then bottle up. I have found that it gets a lot nicer after about 6 weeks- 2 months, then it gets really smooth after a few months. hope this helps! cheers

Old 02-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
GABrewboy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys!!! Since I dumped another gallon of apple juice and pear juice in my carboy, will I get another fermentation that is visible or what? There is no trub since I racked this 3 times already.

Quick Reply