Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Hard Lemonade wont ferment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Jon112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hard Lemonade wont ferment

I am trying to make a hard lemonade from concentrated juice. I made the juice as normal, I added 1kg of malt, and sugar and yeast. It has been about 3 days and has not started to ferment at all. I have shook the carboy to give it some oxygen but no affect.

I thought it might be too cold in the basement so I brought the carboy upstairs, and I read if you add raisins it could help as well, so I added a handful.

Im not sure if this batch is a write off or not, I figure I will wait until the weekend and if no change get more yeast and some yeast nutrient (just found out about this)

any ideas or suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
UpstateMike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon112 View Post
any ideas or suggestions?
Yes. Use EC-1118 yeast, and watch this video.

"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Currently Fermenting:
Skeeter Pee
Blueberry Cider

Bottle Conditioning:
None

In Bottles / Drinking:
Cranberry Cider
Citron Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply