*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Had to toss first batch but second is going well

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Wagwag
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Had to toss first batch but second is going well

I went into this the wrong way when I started, given information from ill informed people, and ended up using a cider with preservatives because I didn't know any better. Nothing happened in the carboy. Started over and used 2 gal of fresh pressed cider, and added a half gal of a black berry/kiwi juice I juiced myself. You can actually see stuff happening in there. Any suggestions on when I should put this batch into its second rack? What I should look for? So far it's developing this beautiful rosey color from the black berries

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
twalte
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

How long do you plan to ferment it? I think you could leave it in the primary for 4-6 weeks. Are you planning to go longer or add fruit to it?

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Wagwag
Recipes 

I was thinking 4 weeks. Then was planning to rack it and add some cinnamon and nutmeg to it. I think I have all the added fruit juice I want in it for now

Quick Reply