Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > good advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
jackfrost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default good advice?

Hey so normally I let my cider go for 2 weeks rack age a month....but I was wondering if any one has gone a week then cold crashed then bottled in like 10 days? What flavors did you get any one like it?
I started with organic 1 gallon apple juice from whole foods(they blend few types of apples) 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup corn syrup with aged vanilla and one clove and 1/2 cinnamon stick. Sg. 1.05 want to finish around 1.01. For semi sweet about 5.5 ABC ( around here ppl are used to 3.2 water aka pi$$) so I dnt want my friends to go nuts. Any advice would be appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Unferth
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 17

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/5-da...-cider-265986/

This sounds pretty similar, and has a lot of feedback. I haven't done it, but its worth a shot.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Pickled_Pepper
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I do 1 gallon batches with 2 week fermentations all the time. Its a quick way to make a low ABV cider for people to drink that don't like beer. I usually let it ferment for 2 weeks (instead of one) and then just rack it back into the original (cleaned and sanitized) container it came in.

My method is, 1 cup of brown sugar and a handful of raisins into a gallon of juice with a half pack of Nottingham. Let it go two weeks, rack and put it in the fridge. It's not aged so leaving the extra sugar helps smooth out the alcohol in a young cider.

OG: 1.065 to FG: 1.020 - 8% abv?

I do one gallon batches so it will be consumed rather quickly...if not it will pop the cap on the jug if you let it sit too long. It's 'still' and not fancy...but it tastes pretty good.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
jackfrost
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

That's awesome thanks ongoing to cold crash and bottle tomorrow

Quick Reply