I decided today would be as good a day as any to bottle three of my 1 gallon batch ciders that have been doing their thing in a closet for the past 7 months.
I moved one to the kitchen and noticed there was a white/grey film on top, and it dropped like a rock (in pieces) during the movement.
The first picture shows what's left of the film on the top. The second shows the chunks that fell to the bottom.
Is everything ruined forever?
Mold, bacteria, woken yeast?
I have very little experience with this, and am worried I might have lost a batch. Can anyone help?