The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > First Time Cider Brewer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #11
mysigp226
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusch View Post
If you are going for a woodchuck "clone"
Quote:
I would go a simple cider.
I did this for my first cider! In fact I had woodchuck last night with my dinner and both my wife and I commented on how my homebrew tasted similar.

- 6g of pasteurized natural cider
- 1 packet of yeast
- a touch of pectic enzyme
- a touch of acid additive

Nothing else, no other additives of any kind other than the no-rinse cleaning agent

I let the above sit for about 3 weeks and racked once in the middle

- I added some of the clearing agent (forget the name at the moment something Bright) towards the end. It cleared to an acceptable level in about 3 days.

About 2 hours ago I added 7oz (roughly 1 cup) of sugar to the remaining 5 gallons and bottled 32 Growler's, 2-1gallon carboy's.

It tastes dryer than Woodchuck but I figure with the added sugar it will get back up there. My intent is to check the Growler's in a day or two for carbonation and then chuck them in the fridge so I don't get any bottle bombs. There is no intent of long term storage

I have no idea what will happen with the above, like I said, I've never done this before. I could have just been extremely lucky. Everyone else on here says wait 4-6 months.

-Tyler

Last edited by mysigp226; 11-03-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply