So this is my first time ever doing any kind of homebrew so I'm not sure if my questions are obvious or not but here I go.
Just a little bit of background info:
- I started this whole thing 10 days ago.
- I used 30 pounds of fresh picked apples that I juiced myself.
- I used Lalvin 1118 Wine / Champaign yeast.
- Also used some yeast nutrient.
- There is about 8 - 10 liters of cider in total (yes I know the container was too big but it was well sterilized to prevent any molds or anything from growing)
- Also used 1 cup white sugar + 1 cup of brown sugar.
Now my question is that it's only been 10 days and the cider seems to have almost completely finished the fermentation process. It's only bubbling at a rate of maybe once per minute. Is this normal and is it ready for bottle and re-rack it?
Also, this is how it looks now.
I think it looks okay but I'm not sure how to deal with all the stuff that's dropped down to the bottom without mixing it all up. Is it okay for some of that stuff to get into the finished bottles or?
Also how would you go about siphoning the cider out of the bottle without infecting it?