New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > First Cider uestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
tkbywater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Cider uestions.

Hi All,

Just finished my first batch of cider (only 2L, cuse thats the size of carboy I have). I did a number of things wrong, so that it tastes OK (watery but not bad) is a bit of a miracle! My girlfriend thinks the cider tastes very alchoholic, I'm not so shure. no added sugar or anything, just organic juice and yeast.
is there a way to figure out after the fact roughly what percentage this stuff is? and if so what is peoples preferred method?

Cheers,

tkb

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
dr_al
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hi there,

I would guess its around 5%. allot of juice is around 1.050, get your self a hydrometer and you can measure before and after fermentation do some math and you will have your percentage.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply