Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > First Cider, Need Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
wdwalter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default First Cider, Need Help!

Alright, going for first cider attemp here and would really appreciate some input before I make a catostrophic mistake. First off, I'm using Tree-Top apple juice (the 3 apple blend type). No preservatives, just pasteurized. I am also using White Labs Dry English Ale yeast. Now, I am planning on making a starter, as I do for beer. Would you all recommend using DME, just like beer, or some other type of fermentable sugar? After I add my juice to my sanitized carboy I am going to add some yeast nutrient. Is there anything else thats common to add at this point? After fermentation, I am going to kill the yeast with pottasium sorbate. Then to get a little sweetness, I am going to add some frozen apple juice concentrate. My plan is to keg and force carb to low carbination.

Any help is appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply