Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Finished fermenting?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
accroul
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Finished fermenting?

On 1-21-09 I pitched yeast of 1G of AJ. In the last few days, I've noticed that the liquid in my airlock has has evened out.It used to sit at the bottom of the curve & well up into the 'exhaust' chamber, now it's fairly even between the 2 chambers. Is this a sign that it's finished? It looks fairly clear (3 people have told me that they can read through it, but I can't very well as I have poor eyesight.)
Should I rack into secondary now, or will it be better to wait another 4 weeks? I realise I should dunk my hydrometer in it, but want an opinion first please.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
RICLARK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Take a Hydrometer reading 3 days in a row, if it is the same all three days rack it.

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply