Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > A few temp questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
bsmoov
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A few temp questions.

Hey everyone,

I would like to try to make a batch or two of cider. Based on what i have read it seems to be a good idea to lager or cold crash for a while after fermentation. My question is what are the prefered temp ranges for this? I live in southern California so I dont have the advantage of a basement. I do however work in an un-heated warehouse. The only problem I see is it may get too cold at work (as low as 35-40) in the winter. Is this to cold? Does anyone have any recomendations. Thanks for any info.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4945 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 60

As far as I am concerned. It's not too cold til it's frozen. Otherwise, the colder the better to drop the yeasties quickly. I am no expert on Mead or Cider tho'. (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn select).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply