Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Extracting cider without a press/fermentation bucket/room temp?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
callmebruce
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tested one week later. It's at 1.000. Still cloudy, but that's to be expected. Very light in color. Will leave in the one gallon glass jugs with air locks for another week, then will bottle until they clear up.

Trying to decide between leaving it still, or adding back a little sugar to carb 'em up (will probably try that). Definately need practice with the siphon hoses - tried to bottle rootbeer last night, and got root beer everywhere, except perhaps in the bottles, lol.

It's very tart right now. Thinking it will settle down with aging. Time to just leave it alone for another week. But I am pretty happy with how it's going. Hoping I dodged the oxidation bullet by adding a little pastuerized (but no preservatives) apple juice into the jugs to kick off a little more fermentation. I hoped that would drive out the oxygen. Not sure if it did anything, but at least the cider is getting there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply