dry hopped cider preferences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasidicCalvinist

Reaction score
I enjoy dry hopped cider and I have used cascade and hallertau hops. Currently, I am thinking of doing a batch with Mt. Hood and I just wondered what your favorite hop was for dry hopping cider?

How much hops are you using? And only bettering hops?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I use .5 grams per gallon and dry hopped for 7 days. I've used more before but it was a bit too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I enjoy dry hopped cider and I have used cascade and hallertau hops. Currently, I am thinking of doing a batch with Mt. Hood and I just wondered what your favorite hop was for dry hopping cider?
Have never hopped a cider before, but.....would probably choose Cascade if I were to do so......although, it's been many years since I've brewed beer - concentrating on meads, anymore - there are so many "new" hop varieties, I'm truly out of touch...LOL

I really enjoyed my dry hopped cider with Saaz. Left 1/2 oz per gallon in secondary for a good couple months.
It was in a dry cider, only lightly jacked (6.5 ABV).

Back