Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cranberry/Raspberry

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 03:46 AM   #11
coldrice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I will post a picture...I'm curious how yours looks that you so desire a picture of mine...do i have to upgrade my membership to post a picture, I wonder? You may have to give me ur email address, not that i don't want to participate in this forum, which one day I am sure that I will, its just that I am broke.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #12
Tusch
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

You don't have to be a paying member to upload pics. Just go to your profile, there will be a link to upload pics in the middle/bottom right side.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #13
Pimpfoot
Recipes 

I wonder if you could use a malolactic yeast at the end of your ferment ( i think the whitelabs one recommends 5 brix) to get rid of some of the twang youd inherit from the cranberries. May allow you to backsweeten a little less at any rate. Not sure what this would do to the overall taste. I know I like my ciders a little bit on the sharp side but with the addition of cranberries you might see some benefit. I know cranberries can be pretty high in malic acid. Be a fun experiment at any rate. Anyone have any info they can share on this?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #14
coldrice
Recipes 

My crancyser is now at 1.01 its oddly sweet...is it from the Safale SO4 yeast or what? I am glad I had planned to add cranberries, anyway, because it needs something for sure.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #15
RugenBrau
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm sure it is the Safale 04. I love that yeast. My Raspberry/blueberry is getting near teast time. I had it the primary for six weeks and it has been in the secondary for four and it is still working.

"Your HYDROMETER is the only BEST indicator of fermentation activity. Nothing else is accurate or consistent"...Revvy

Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 AM   #16
pulpfiction32
Recipes 

Why are there dead mice in your carboy Keep a lid on the damn thing

Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #17
coldrice
Recipes 

Well I tasted my cran/cyser, its really good but a bit too sweet. I had decided to cold crash it at 7.25% ABV and it was just to sweet. I added 1/2 tsp. citric acid and 1 packet of Red Star pasteur champagne yeast to restart fermentation and dry it out a bit. I really didn't want it more alcoholic, but it tasted like a cheapo California rose wine. The residual sweetness is covering up the flavor of the cranberries. I also added some pectic enzyme cuz its cloudy as ballz. I'll post again in a month with a photo. It was started on 11/24 so it is now about 2 1/2 months old. I'd be happy to send a sample to anyone interested in trying it...just give it a couple months to finish out!

Quick Reply