Costco fresh pressed apple juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanana

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into this juice. I haven't started yet, but soon very very soon.

I use it all the time, turns out pretty good with some added acid and tannin. It's probably the best mass produced juice I've used.

I agree 100% with CRock, it is (in my opinion) the best commercial juice I have found. Made from sweet USA Grown Apples. (did I mention ALL USA grown apples?) I don't add any acid or tannins and it turns out perfect for my style or cider. I use brown sugar and raisins and ferment to about 1.002-1.004. It's not overly complex, but it makes a nice young cider. I've never aged any longer than about 2-3 months. But with some conditioning and the addition of some other apple blends, you could probably age it for longer.

I make a lot of one gallon batches using this juice. Ferment in a glass jug, ferment for 2 weeks and just dump it back in the original kirkland jug. If I use dry nottingham yeast it ferments to 1.020, if I pitch a gallon of this juice on the previous yeast cake it ferments to 1.012.

Put the whole plastic jug in the fridge and you have a nice still, sweet-ish 'party' cider in it's original container. (It usually lasts a day or two before it's consumed)

I am so amazingly happy to hear that. I saw it and was pleasantly surprised that it said fresh squeezed, I can't wait to some yeast in and take it out for a spin.

Back