Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cider, sweet, dry, hard, hot, a taste thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #11
Cydermon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
I've used up to 2 lbs of dark brown sugar and the cider has a slight taste tastes and odor like maple syrup. Just slightly more than subtle, but nowhere near overpowering. Very nice touch.

Using 4 lbs, well, you better like maple flavor.
Well I had to rack my rocket fuel into a secondary sooner than I would have liked but I needed my primary fermenting container for another project. Any way, after getting 6.5 gallons racked into another 5 gallon carboy and a one gallon jug, I decided to have a tall sample glass out of fears of maple syrup. I didn't really taste it as it was still really green and bit like a rattle snake but, after one tall 16oz glass, it about knocked me into tomorrow.

Figure about another 3-4 months in secondary to smooth out before I'll notice all the extra brown sugar?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Difficult to say since you used light brown sugar, but I'd say the flavor is in there somewhere.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply