The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cider Slushies!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Loweface
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Cider Slushies!!!

The student bar in my Uni has installed a frozen Bulmers tap. The cider pulls off half frozen like a slushie...

So Cool!!!

Bulmers would be sold under the name of Magners in the states (and anywhere else outside Ireland)...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Ha I did this at a party over the 4th weekend. I brought down a 1/2 gallon of my 14%abv Caramel Apple Cider. It was super refreshing and wonderful considering it was in the mid 90's with 90% humidity the whole time I was there.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2707 Times on 1626 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

When I bottled my peach mead the other day I ran the goop (the peaches) in my food processor along with more honey and some of the mead, and stuck it in tupperware and put it in my freezer, along with the chill bowl for my icecream maker. Sometime this week I'll turn it into Peachmead Italian Ice....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Peachmead italian ice...YUM....that sound great!!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
Loweface
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'd have never thought to use the fruit out of the fermenter! It always looks so nasty, the colour has drained from all but the blueberries in my mixed berry cider and I would never think of using the fruit. The peaches in my peach wine however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chortly View Post
...homebrew contains more satisfactrons per serving, so you don't have to drink as much as you would a commercial beer to get to your satisfactron saturation.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

double post

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmck1 View Post
I'd have never thought to use the fruit out of the fermenter! It always looks so nasty, the colour has drained from all but the blueberries in my mixed berry cider and I would never think of using the fruit. The peaches in my peach wine however...
John Wilkes on Basic Brewing mentioned it on one of the basic brewing videos on meads. We'll see how it turns out, I haven't gotten around to doing it this week.

Quick Reply