Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cider Ferment Temps

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Atticmonkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cider Ferment Temps

I started my first batch of cider the other day, 5 gallons of cider from a local orchard. I pitched wyeast 4766 into the batch on sunday evening and by monday morning it was bubbling away. I had orginally planned to let it ferment at whatever the basement temp was but as I watched the temp in the basement it had climbed up to 73 degrees. At this point I decided to move it into my ferm. chamber and brought it down to 68. Any ideas what warm temps will do to a cider? Wyeast says that 75 is the high end of the yeasts range. I kick myself for not just putting it in the temp controlled chamber to start with but its to late now. So just curioius what I should expect from this batch. Thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
CvilleKevin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hi temps will stress the yeast and can create sulfur. sounds like you have it under control.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply