Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cider and Blueberries

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
vtirish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cider and Blueberries

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I went to her grandfather's blueberry farm in Maine. We picked 20+ lbs of blueberries. My friend has a great blueberry wine recipe, so we used about 15 lbs of the blueberries to start a 5 gallon batch a couple weeks ago.

This leaves me with about 5 more pounds. Since I live in Vermont and have access to some high-quality cider, I was thinking of making a blueberry cider with the rest of my frozen blueberries. I've seen one post on the subject, but not much else.

Does anyone have a good recipe for blueberry cider?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
wooda2008
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Make a basic cider (edwort's apfelwein works well) and rack onto your blueberries in the secondary. easy as pie.

Which orchard are you planning on getting your cider from?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
vtirish
Recipes 

Probably Shelburne Orchards: http://www.shelburneorchards.com/

If you leave a carboy with them, they'll fill it up with fresh-pressed cider. Once a season, they do a special cider blend for homebrewers. Plus, the cider doughnuts there are fantastic.

Quick Reply