Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Jesse321
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cider

Very new to cider making. I have a cider starter kit including a tin of the syrup stuff in which you just add sugar, water and yeast. I made it in a fermenter barrel and left it for 7 days until bubbles in the airlock stopped and it was the appropriate reading on a hydrometer.

I syphoned the cider across into a clean barrel which contained sugar. I then left this for 6 days. When opening the tap it has a lot of pressure and a good fizz to the cider. Although the cider is slightly cloudy. Both parts of fermentation where done in a room at aroung 25 degrees Celsius. I have now put the " finished" cider in a colder room at around 14degrees Celsius to see if this would clear the cider.

Also I don't like warm cider so I tried a small glass with a few ice cubes but this instantly kills the fizz?
I thought instead of using ice I could pour cider from the tap into a screw cap bottle and put it in the fridge but I was told this also would kill the fizz?

Any suggestions???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
criptrap
Recipes 

try searching the forum sounds like you did okay so far you'll want to bottle or keg it for carbonation and to let it age.

start here I would guess this is helpful.

bottling http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bott...ebrewer-94812/

Old 01-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Jesse321
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criptrap
try searching the forum sounds like you did okay so far you'll want to bottle or keg it for carbonation and to let it age.

start here I would guess this is helpful.

bottling http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bott...ebrewer-94812/
Brilliant link cheers for that

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS