Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > carbonation tablets?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
alexroussos
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigego236 View Post
I'm under the assumption that if you carb that you need to pasteurize to stop the fermentation process to avoid bottle bombs.
That is not the case. The amount of sugar in the carb tabs (assuming you follow the directions) is just the right amount so that, in a couple weeks, you're left with a good level of carbonation and no residual sugar. Fermentation will stop due to lack of sugar to ferment -- no pasteurization necessary.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #12
jackfrost
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I use priming sugar I just ran accross some the other day and was wondering ppl thots on the matter thanks for all the replys

Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #13
bigego236
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexroussos

That is not the case. The amount of sugar in the carb tabs (assuming you follow the directions) is just the right amount so that, in a couple weeks, you're left with a good level of carbonation and no residual sugar. Fermentation will stop due to lack of sugar to ferment -- no pasteurization necessary.
Thanks. I too had seen these and thought about using them but the packaging doesn't say much, and the guy at the hbs had never used them. Still think ill stick to using priming sugar, just because I think I've got it down and don't want to mess with the process. I like what I've been producing

Quick Reply