I did my first batch of pasteurizing hard cider today. I added a 12 oz can of ajc to about four gallons of fermenting cider. Being wary of over carbing, I made three small test bottles to check at different times. Those bottles were soda bottles, so I could check on how "hard" the bottles became. To my liking, 7 days seemed about right pressure wise as well as being just sweet enough. The one I cracked hadn't been in the fridge yet and had more than enough bubbles. I will see what I have for the group when I wait a few days to see what they will be like when cold. I did have one explosion in the dishwasher, so I figure I may be just about right. This was my first batch of "regular" cider making, and as prior I have used two liter soda bottles with self venting caps. I'll let you all know after I crack open the first glass bottle next week holding my my hand made hard cider.