Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Brigalow Apple Cider Kit Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Fossey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossey

Yeah $40 is about the going rate. Can get 24L of Berri juice for about $25-30 when on sale so I usually go with that!!!
Found this Aussie site too, couple of online stores stock it… I've just ordered some.

http://www.melrosehealth.com.au/heal...ncentrate.aspx

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #12
beefie
Recipes 

I add 2.5 litres of just juice(apple) to my brigalow apple concentrate whilst in the wort fermenting, and as yet have had no complaints from any of my mates, i have also added 2 ltres of mango juice for my wifes taste and she came out a pearler,bloody nice on a hot summers day..happy brewing!!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #13
brett_1978
Recipes 

Hi Guys

Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to add extra apple juice and see how that goes (4L instead of 4L of the water). The kit makes about 17L of cider. I tried a lot if things in my last attempt but too much so going to keep it simple this time! I'll let you know how it goes! :-)

Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #14
mshell75
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefie View Post
I add 2.5 litres of just juice(apple) to my brigalow apple concentrate whilst in the wort fermenting, and as yet have had no complaints from any of my mates, i have also added 2 ltres of mango juice for my wifes taste and she came out a pearler,bloody nice on a hot summers day..happy brewing!!!!
I am also only a novice and used the Brigalow the first time and looking for a better taste - interested to know how much Berri juice you added and at what what stage of the fermenting process eg before or after yeast etc.
Mango sounds like a divine - what concentrate / juice did you use

Quick Reply