Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Bottled my first brew today and proud to say...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
lxxenigmaxxl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bottled my first brew today and proud to say...

It a tasty cloudy cider....

That's right folks, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ahhh, who am I kidding It looks like crap....

Not sure what happened but I cold crashed it for 3 days in my fridge and it still looks like a wheat beer if you did not know better.(Nice Amber color) The only thing I used was Nottingham, Mott's apple juice, plum juice, raw sugar, little honey and a little yeast nutrient. I did back sweeten before I racked to the secondary, added 5 cans concentrated apple juice then put in the fridge for 3 days hoping it would clear up.

I do have another cider coming up soon and this one is made of fresh cider, sugar and Nottingham. I started this one a month before the one I just bottled. It has been very slow and steady since Oct 16th. Was wondering if its to late to add pectin or if I should leave it alone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
lxxenigmaxxl
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I starting to feel a cold shoulder here. This is the second post in a row that no one has answered. Maybe its me.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Bluespark
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts

I'm super new, so mostly lurk. My first batch was apple, ec1118 and a touch of honey. It took about 2 weeks to clear in the bottle.

From what the people at the home brew store told me, you can add pectin enzyme at any point you want to during fermentation.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Thomas007
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespark View Post
From what the people at the home brew store told me, you can add pectin enzyme at any point you want to during fermentation.
You can, but I've heard it's more effective if you add it at the beginning.

Mine is pretty cloudy too, but I did start with unfiltered apple juice. I don't mind, since it tastes fine...

Quick Reply