Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Apflewein mistake, can I fix it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4276 Times on 3115 Posts
Likes Given: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc68 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, my mother in law loves wine, but can only drink a small amount of rose or a white, however she loves red but it gives her headaches. I would like to produce a oure "organic" plum wine or even an apple cider or a mead with no sulphites.

Also what about making wine from a kit and not using sulphites? how can I get away with it?
Sure, you can do that. It won't keep as long, but it'll still be good.

(Most people really aren't allergic to sulfites, even if they think they are, but that's another long story. If you don't want to use them, you definitely don't have to. They are found naturally in wines, even in organic wines with "no sulfites added" They are found naturally in beer, too).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
billc68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Sure, you can do that. It won't keep as long, but it'll still be good.

(Most people really aren't allergic to sulfites, even if they think they are, but that's another long story. If you don't want to use them, you definitely don't have to. They are found naturally in wines, even in organic wines with "no sulfites added" They are found naturally in beer, too).
I guess, what I am asking is, can I make a wine that will last many years without sulphites? OR for that matter how long does a wine last with sulphites? and how can you make it last longer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply