Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > apfelwein and warm temperatures

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Powchekny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default apfelwein and warm temperatures

With the recent heatwave on the east coast, my kitchen (and my primary full of EdWort's apfelwein) have been hitting the low 80's during the day. Will this affect the quality of my apfelwein? It's about 6 weeks old, so I would imagine it's almost completely fermented.

Should I move it (and my bottled beers) to the basement for the time being?

Tom

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
foonder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in Connecticut, and it's been in the 90's for the past bunch of days, my basement is half underground and was at about 60 when the heat wave started. Now it's about 70. I'd recommend Always keeping your bottled beer in the basement, that's what I do since I don't have a cellar. It's always the coolest part of my house, and will have to do until I have a place of my own with an actual cellar. I don't think it'll cause any damage to my beer since the temp increase is slow & gradual, and never really above 75.

No clue about apfelwein though, I've yet to make it myself (but not for long).

Beer + Weird Stuff = Awesome

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply