Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Apfelwein ferments out at 10 days?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks, Ben...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
acr4
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauai_Kahuna View Post
Has anyone found a good air freshener to deal with the rhino farts. I have brewed for over a decade, and some really weird stuff but this can choke me with a good whiff of it. Sounds silly but if you live in a small area this is a knock-out.
I don't know what type of air-lock you are using, but try taking a piece of rubber tubing and putting it over the air-lock. Put the other end out of a cracked window or through some sort of hole in the house. (You could run it along the dryer vent, etc.) If you are crafty, you can use one tube through the wall with splitters and valves, so all the beers/wines/farts go outside. Works really well!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #13
Ben25
Recipes 

The problem I had with my Apfelwein was after about 3 weeks to a month it was clearing. So I took a reading thinking it would be done. 1.030!! I just spun the carboy from left to right a couple times, and within a few hours, the yeast was back in suspension, and krausen was forming. It tasted really good, but it was kinda sweet. I can't wait til its done!

Primary #1:
Primary #2:
Secondary #1: Mead Experiment
Secondary #2: Welch's Wine Experiment
Kegged: Organic APA, Kick the Bucket APA, Pub Ale, Argentine Cascade IPA, ESB
Bottled: Wild Raspberry Cider, Cyser, Insane IPA, Lady Bug Pumpkin Ale, Cider, Christmas Cider.
RIP: Raspberry Hefeweizen, Hoppy Lager, California Common, Oktoberfest, Hefeweizen, Melted tubing brown ale, Honey blonde ale

Quick Reply