Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Apfelwein with Cherry Bounce

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
MacGuffin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Apfelwein with Cherry Bounce

I have 6 gallons of Ed's Apfelwein and want to split 3 gallons onto a secondary with about 1/4 of a pint of Cherry Bounce I made around 2 yrs ago. The bounce concoction is made with Evan Williams Cherry Bourbon and some cherries. I threw a few cinnamon sticks in the 1/4 pint a few weeks ago. I used Lalvin EC-1118 on the Apfelwein and it seems to have run its course after 40 some days in the primary.

Has anyone had some success in aging a cider like this?
I haven't done a gravity reading yet, but will the addition of the Bounce restart fermentation?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
WilliamSlayer
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No. With the high abv of the bourbon you can add that in with out refermentation. If you like strong cinnamon flavor, this will probally taste pretty good to you right away. Letting it sit will mellow it a bit over the next year or so. Good luck!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
WilliamSlayer
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No. With the high abv of the bourbon you can add that in with out refermentation. If you like strong cinnamon flavor, this will probally taste pretty good to you right away. Letting it sit will mellow it a bit over the next year or so. Good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply