The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Ace Honey Apple Cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
damdaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default Ace Honey Apple Cider

Has anyone tried to clone this? I've never tasted anything like it. It was delicious, bold and smooth, with much more honey flavor than I expected. I've made cysers before and never achieved anything close.

I've emailed the company and begged for help creating something similar, but thought I'd try here and see if anyone has done it already.

http://www.acecider.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Toko3D
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I have made a cider honey mixture. But I don't thinl it was probably what you were/are looking for. I used granny smith apple juice (I cored and put the fruit from 3 lbs apples in a blender. I put it with the water in a pot anf steeped the juice out of it to result in 2.5 cups of juice.) After I had just the juice I had strained (and pressed from the pulp left,) I added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar, honey and chopped raisins (primarily for the yeast nutrient but it did raise the sugars some.) Then mixed all together and let it ferment out.

I assume you can use any preservative free apple juice and omit any part you wish. I was doing a cross between something Woodchuck with some mead flavors. When I did it with solely apples the alch volume was simply too low and it brewed far too dry using Lalvin ec-1118.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply