Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > 8oz Mott's fermented accidentally and it's delicious!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
ThunderPanda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 8oz Mott's fermented accidentally and it's delicious!

So i was using some 8 oz mott's juice containers to just fill out the headspace in my primaries about two weeks ago. I then set it on the floor and forgot about it. I saw it today and was thirsty and wondering if it went bad or not. When I opened it, it went "pshhhhhh" and bubbled a little bit. Then I noticed it was bubbling from the bottom, from fermentation.

I decided to be bold and just try it... To my surprise, it was super good!!! Very appley, a bit sweet, slightly carbonated. It actually reminded me a lot of woodchuck. Maybe I will just keep buying these, open them, let them sit for two weeks, and drink. lol... And maybe it will even work again someday. Or maybe they will explode, who knows!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 2007

That's the basic hard cider recipe - buy cider, open lid, let sit, drink when its fermented enough but not too much.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
wildman
Recipes 

I'm sure it helped having such good proximity to your cider. It's a good sign, keep it going and you might have a house yeast you don't even have to take care of.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
LambChop4Prez
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought some fresh apple cider with the intention of fermenting it. I left it in the fridge for like two months. When I finally took it out, the bottle was under pressure and the cider tasted like it had alcohol in it. It was a miracle!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
ThunderPanda
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop4Prez View Post
I bought some fresh apple cider with the intention of fermenting it. I left it in the fridge for like two months. When I finally took it out, the bottle was under pressure and the cider tasted like it had alcohol in it. It was a miracle!
LOL

So I bought a larger container of motts and dumped the little one into it. Hoping to get lucky!

Quick Reply