New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > 2nd cider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
jeffturnbow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2nd cider

well, this first cider i made turned out great. i used no yeast and it still was great. it was a little on the dry side and it had a very high alcohol content.

for the cider i am making now, i am using just apple juice and natural yeast. i have aded 5 cups of white sugar to help out. i have heard mixed thoughts about this, but it turned out great the first time. hopefully it will retain more of a apple flavor this time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 AM   #2
kid mode
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

It's awesome when we can use as much natural stuff as possible. It's one thing I love about cider.
The sugar will definitely up the abv but I've never cared for the result right away. Given a few months, the apple flavor is much more noticeable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply