Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Wyeast yeast packets

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
CandleWineProject
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wyeast yeast packets

So hubby was making some beer, and he got out and smacked the wrong packet! The one he did was for mead/cider. I told him not to worry, throw it back in the fridge, and use the one he needed to use. That yeast packet came with a mead kit he bought, and I told him we could go ahead and try it when the time came, or I got plenty of wine yeasts around.

Any thoughts to if that will work later?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
tenchu_11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

In my experience the slap packs arent' really as much of a smack pack. Usually i put them against a counter top corner and push on it until it literally pops only way i can get it to work/ puff up. I think the yeast will just be dormant in the fridge and best thing to do is to make a starter. So if for some reason some of the cells died. With a good starter and a couple days the few cells should be able to reproduce and multiple 10 fold! Don't worry, you might just have to baby it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply