I tried a wine kit with Sauvignon Blanc. While I was bottling, I mixed a gallon of it with a gallon of plain ol' wildflower mead (no added tannin or acid), and bottled.
It was my first try with a pyment, and I think its now my favorite of all my experiments.
The mead I used was fermented dry, with no backsweetening (final gravity = 0.998).
One thing I should have done is let the blend sit for a week or two in some 1 gallon carboys. There was some sediment that appeared in the bottles. I rebottled, adding sorbaate and k-meta.
You could, I assume, do a similar thing by adding honey to the juice first, then add water to your desired target gravity, and let them ferment together. However, blending two finished wines will offer better control. I went with a 50/50 mix, but 70/30 might be even better!
I must now try other pyments. Can't wait to do one with red wine!