Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Where to Buy Mead in TX/Online

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
McLovin82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Where to Buy Mead in TX/Online

I have been homebrewing for about a year now, so when the most beautiful women in the world agreed to marry me, I knew that I would be brewing something special for the wedding. Based on our religious views, we decided to have a handfasting ceremony (an old pagan tradition) instead of a church wedding. After that decision, I knew just what to brew: mead. I wanted to mix honey from Florida (my home state) and Texas (our adopted home) for this celebratory occasion.

Heres the problem, we decided to elope. We are getting married in 2 weeks so I don't have time to brew it myself. Does anyone know where in Texas I can buy Mead or where on the internet I can order it?

Timing is of the essence and your help is greatly appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts

Most meaderies will ship direct. This place carries a few:

http://www.winebuys.com

search for mead.

B Nektar makes sweeter meads, Redstone makes lighter and drier meads.

Don't know about Texas but I can get 15 or so meads in Kansas City at well stocked liquor stores.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
chef201atc
Recipes 

I also live in Texas and haven't really found a great selection of mead anywhere. That said, we do get Redstone in Texas which has some OK meads - all on the sweet side, but still OK. They are distributed in Texas by Duff Beer and Wine from Houston. The website may have a number you can call to find out where you can get Redstone in your area.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
abbot555
Recipes 

The World Market sells mead. Dont know where at in TX you are but I have lived in a few places there so I know they have the World Market there. I would just call first.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
dinich
Recipes 

Would it be permissable to donate to the cause. If someone new where you were going to be, could they drop by to share a bottle or two or....

Just a question

D

Tags
buy online, mead, wedding

Quick Reply