The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > A way to take the pressure off

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 03:05 AM   #1
gauthierk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A way to take the pressure off

I made a batch of mead or braggot that was a grand slam to all of my friends and family for christmass gifts... and 2 gallons made for a very fun Christmass party. Some of my friends said that they would love to try it with some carbonation... The last batch of mead literally had airlock activity for three weeks to a month. I have herd the stories of the cork bottle cannons.. How can I go about possibly force carbonation of some or how can I make it carbonate in a bottle without it over carbonating and blowing a cork off???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
DarkStar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Regular wine bottles are not for holding pressure, If you need to do a sparkling wine you must go to champange bottles and plastic stopper and the wire basket or beer bottles. If its a sweet mead the only was is force carbonate with a keg setup

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply